Thursday 26 March 2015

Compatriots turned "Ombudsmen" on social media

Those of you who supported my last blog." Deceived by ATM or bank," by sharing and tweeting, would be happy to note that Kotak Mahindra has decided to reimburse me. This is certainly a victory for social media. My generation of people are yet to come to terms with its power. Let me explain.

After a month of rejecting my claims despite evidence in my favour, SBI was throwing the book at me,an old outdated philosophy that talked about "Competent authority" rejecting my claim. They were telling me about escalating ladders of grievance redressal,as though a month of repeated complaints were not enough to self escalate the matter at the appropriate level.

When my blog on the issue started to gather momentum, Kotak was quick to use their in-house monitoring system to directly contact me, while SBI was warning users of social media to keep off their visible link on the social media- which I guess is outsourced to some agency.

Had I continued to escalate the process with SBI , I would perhaps be going to the Ombudsman about now. With social media playing a supportive role in terms of appropriate  intervention and spreading knowledge to users on the rights of a customer,this wholly new approach worked as a force multiplier. I see this trend getting stronger with each passing day, even as digital connectivity and appropriate usage of this space continues to proliferate.

What does this mean to the banking sector whether public or private? It simply means that they need to rewrite their processes to keep pace with information explosion." The customer is always right." It is up to the Bank to profile their customers and act expeditiously.

Is it not sad that thousands of crores are bracketed in the NPA category, when a few thousands rupees from the savings bank account is denied to a genuine customer?

My gratitude  to all of you,many who did not even know me, for caring to do what you  did; simply backed one who used his blog site to communicate with these amazing compatriots on face book

Thank you my new found 'ombudsman'




No comments:

Post a Comment